Thursday, November 15, 2012

Conversations with God


When I read 1 Thessalonians 5:17 which asks to “pray continually”, I almost couldn’t help myself laugh at the very impracticality of that statement then.
What does that mean to “pray continually”, don’t we have other things to do throughout the day-I pondered. How is it possible to “pray continually” when people struggle keeping up their ordinary routine prayer life- I questioned within myself.
Looks like God decided to teach me what it means. The following next 2 weeks I struggled to have my routine quite time with God.
I didn’t know how to deal with it and I was asking God “why are you doing this to me?” (But His peace and joy never eluded me in-spite of my incapability to pray).
So it struck me to break my routine long prayer into short 1-5 minute prayers, which I could do through the day during its course.
As I started praying during days routine, I learnt to make it as a ‘conversation with God’ rather than “Prayer”, because I was reminded that Jesus called Himself our friend (John 21) and our brother (Matthew 12:50).
Suddenly God who is our God and Father, became a friend and brother in my everyday living, through the “conversations”- new way of praying I learnt.
After that, my prayer life and walk with God not only restored to old, but improved than ever before. This brought to me a thought- is this is called “walking with God”, when you are always conversing with Him throughout the day sharing to Him as a friend.
The whole Christian living became a life of ease and great awesomeness as I kept these conversations going with God throughout the day. Prayer no more requires a gathering of concentration and strength before I sit in His presence.
I was bowled by the awesomeness of our majestic God, who describes Himself as jealous in nature.
He wants to be with us throughout each moment like a dearest friend, brother and Father, walk with us as we pray/converse/talk and wants to help in every work of ours, if we submit to Him.
What a great loving God we have!